Sunday 14 August 2011

first.blog.ever.

So, as mentioned in my title - this is my.first.blog.ever

Why am I blogging? Hmm I think I am yet to figure out the entire answer to that question yet, but I know that, in part, the reason for my blogging is to journalise in some way my life & where I'm at! Perhaps to keep me motivated and on track? Perhaps to just be able to put into words and share all the random thoughts that go through my mind & all the random things I often want to shout out to the world? Like you know when you discover a random little fact that you never knew before and you are just so excited by? Take this for example - something I learnt 2 weeks ago .. I never knew that "Tenpin Bowling" was called "Tenpin Bowling" cause there are "Ten pins".. Fascinating hey? I mean, maybe subconsiously I did know, but had I ever thought of it? No! These aren't the kind of random thoughts I want to share on facebook though.. Facebook can just be so lame & I never want to be one of those people on facebook that posts lame and uninteresting facebook statuses about meaningful things like tenpin bowling! I figure though, if you have come this far and you're still reading then this blog is definitely the place to put random things like that ;)

I am pretty excited because in less than 48 hours I take my first official singing lesson since my throat op (I had a polyp removed - no fun I tell ya!).  I am so keen to get my voice up to scratch and at performance level because I am ha-ha-hanging to start gigging! I think I am really ready and it's funny because pre-op I really wasn't.  Bring on Tuesday!!

I am getting some new headshots done in November and I pumped for those - they are going to be more fun and out there than head shots I have done in the past so I am really looking forward to the shoot and the finished product. I am getting them done through ic captured - he was recommended to me through my singing teacher, Richard Kant.  Richard is amazing so I figure anyone that he recommends has to be amazing too!

My showreel will soon be in the making too .. An old high school acquaintance is going to help me with it and I just know that it is going to be awesome. 

I stumbled across a website before - weheartit.com - how awesome! Such amazing images.  Especially the indie section - wow.. Can't wait to decorate my place with similar images one day!

So I think that just about wraps up my first blog & here are my comments on it:

- interesting to read? hell no!
- interesting to type? yes - i was putting all my thoughts into writing so of course it was!
- future blogging aims? topics, video blogging perhaps?

Until next time..

justiNe xO


No comments:

Post a Comment