Tuesday 16 August 2011

i think i might come to really like this...

Hello hello!

So this is my second.ever.blog & i think i might come to really enjoy this as my title says!

Well I must say, I am pretty mortified today.. Here's why:

Every Wednesday morning I endure an excruciating personal training session with my sister.. It is hell and we have to get up crazy early but once it's over boy oh boy do we feel good! I pack my bag each Tuesday night and as I'm packing I say to myself "one day I am going to forget to pack something pretty vital".. Well I have had a pretty good run, but today.. today... TODAY I forgot to pack my bra!! So here I am, sitting at work in my corporate clothes wearing my SPORTS BRA underneath!! No big deal you say? No big deal? Now listen, I am not a princess with my clothes in any way shape or form, nor am I a fashion queen but I do know that wearing a sports bra under a Portmans corporate top is just not the done thing & I am fully aware of the thickness of the straps poking out and how hideous they look (thank god it is my black sports-bra and not my hideous skin colour one that makes my boyfriend nearly vomit every time he catches sight of it) Is there anything I can do about it? No! I mean, I could walk down to the shops and buy a bra but am I gonna do that? No! Typing this I think well if I care that much then why don't I? Is it laziness or do I just really not care that much? I think it's the latter which contradicts this whole little story and it's significance really doesn't it....

Moving right along!

I had my first singing lesson, post-op, last night and it was F A B U L O U S (pronounced fab-youuu-less please).  It's going to be a pretty long trek until I am producing quality sound but I know it will be worth it.  Lots of exercises, lots of spoonfuls of honey & in a few months time I will be singing like a superstar (well that's the plan anyway).

Not too sure how I feel about my 3 "go-to's" all being away on holidays at the same time.. It's actually quite an odd feeling! My 2 best friends and my boyfriend.. All of them.. Gone! Lucky I'm such a cool cat with loads of friends to keep me occupied ;)

I can't get this song out of my head, so why not share it.. The fabulous Gotye, Somebody That I Used To Know featuring Kimbra.. I have been listening to it for months now on the one and only Triple J but it now seems that finally, the rest of Australia has caught on and all the radio stations are finally playing it (that's pretty standard though isn't it - Triple J knowing good music from get go).  It's a great song and Kimbra in it makes it all that more spectacular.  Great lyrics, great feel.. Enjoy! xO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

No comments:

Post a Comment